Who doesn’t love sweet potatoes?
Both savoury and sweet, I prefer them over standard potatoes. I’m obsessed with sweet potatoes. Fries, wedges, mash, pie etc… You name it, I love it.
If you wear glasses like me, good news! It turns out they are packed full of vitamin A, which is great for your eyes.
Gluten-free and good for you….Aren’t they great?
So you know I had to whip something up and share it on my blog. I decided to make these delicious cinnamon and chilli potato fries. Great as a snack, even better as a side dish. Plus, they are quick to make and my recipe keeps them crispy so it tastes like they have been fried.
Sweet potatoes are naturally quite sweet, so I bet you are going to ask why I seasoned mine with cinnamon…because I wanted to. I’m experimenting with flavours right now and it seemed like a great idea.
End result? Delicioso
Give them a whirl and let me know what you think in the comment section. Oooh if you recreate them and share them on social, tag it #girlonthursday so I can check them out and share your version on my channels.
Anyway, enough chatter, check out my recipe below:
- 2 medium-sized raw sweet potatoes
- 1 tbps of cinnamon
- 1 tbps of chilli powder
- 2 tbps of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbps of black Pepper
- 2 tbps of brown Sugar
- Wash, peel and slice the sweet potatoes into a bowl. I have a little handy device which helps to do this, cut my potatoes into nice sized slices. As you can probably tell, I’m a fan of chips.However, sweet potatoes are pretty hard! So I’ve hacked them myself.
- Get the cinnamon, black pepper, brown sugar and chilli powder and mix them together into a spice/sweet combo.
- Sprinkle the spice combo onto the sliced potatoes and shake until each slice is well covered
- Transfer them onto a baking tray and even spread them out. Now get the coconut oil and pop into the microwave for about 30 seconds so it can melt.
- Get the melted coconut oil and pour onto the fries, this is going to brown them up and keep them crispy in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, make sure to check on them halfway through to turn them over.
- When both the fries are evenly browned and crispy, remove from the oven and let them cool down a little.
- …..Sprinkle them with salt and enjoy them!