Another year, another month and another day to set myself some challenges and goals. Last year, I had some simple goals be skinny and get a new job.
I’m not skinny and I left my job.
Why? I didn’t have any other requirements for my goals, but to get a new job and be skinny. I realise half-way through my dieting that I hated constantly eating healthy and preferred having a more shapely figure. Plus my new job was boring!
What I should have said to myself was ” You need to be healthier and happier, work out more and change your diet. Also, find a company where you can grow and have roots “.
It’s wordier than be skinny and new job, but it’s more what I want. It’s realistic and it’s well thought out. As promised, after some thinking I’ve come up with some new year resolutions that I think I can stick to and achieve.
This year, my main resolution is to just be a BETTER ME
How am I going to do that? I’m going to get in shape, pursue my interests and hobbies, save for my future and improve my digital and creative skills.
- Get a new job where there is an opportunity for me to grow and develop. I don’t want to work somewhere where I don’t feel like my growth is important.
- Save 20% of my paycheck when I get a new job ( doable now I don’t live in London no-more)
- Go to the gym three/four times a week
- Upload a blog post three times a week ( Not just food recipes, EVERYTHING!)
- Take some online courses on photography and writing. I work in social media and have a blog, this would be a great way to develop my blogs social presence and improve my digital skills.
- Go out more and be more sociable. Active social life + happier me = great blog reads. It’s a win-win for everyone
I’m going to do them bit by bit not all at once, I need a new job before I can do one or two of them anyway. What do you think?
Do you have any goals or resolutions for the New Year?
Drop them in the comment section below.