Monday and I aren’t friends, we used to be, but since I changed jobs to a much more demanding role which requires a lot more energy. My body just doesn’t appreciate Mondays like it used to. Especially when I don’t have Weetabix and Quaker oats to help me.
Annoying wheat and barely!! *shakes fist*
As you know, I’ve been trying out smoothie bowls for breakfast. They have been great, I always feel refreshed. However, I don’t find them that filling and I prefer having one after a workout rather than in the morning before I get squished on the train.
So I went back to the drawing board and decided to try out chia pudding. Chia seeds are one of the must-try superfoods right now. More calcium than milk, high in fibre and super nutritious. What is there not to love? Plus it’s so simple to make.
I tried it out for the first time, last week and I’m in love! At first my mouth was confused by the texture, but now I love the creaminess and how filling it is. It almost reminds me of porridge.
Why don’t you try it out and let me know what you think?
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 11/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 banana
- 5 raspberries
1. Get 4 tablespoons of chia seeds and pour them into a dry bowl.
2. Now pour the milk and add the maple syrup. Continuously stir and make sure to scrap any seeds sticking to the bottom or sides. Once wet, chia seeds gets super sticky and like to clump together.
3. Once this is done, cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the bowl overnight.
4. Next morning, give the pudding a stir. You would feel the change in texture, it will be thicker now. Sprinkle a handful of seeds, top with bananas