I’m becoming a salad queen, I’ve mastered the art of making quick simple salads during my lunchtime.
I usually prepare lunch for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. But, I always forget to prepare for the rest of the week. So I end up having to buy lunch or making it there and then.
Lately, I’ve been packing my salads full of figs and mozzarella. I really enjoy this combo. which is quite odd because a month ago. I had never eaten in figs in my whole life. However, I think home-cooking and having my gluten intolerance had made me more adventurous when it comes to food. Who knows, maybe next time I will be making a fried cricket sandwich.
In the meantime, check out my smoked mackerel salad recipe below
- 75g of smoked mackerel
- 100g of pecans
- 2 black figs, chopped
- 90g of mozzarella
- 90g of peppery babyleaf rocket, ready to eat
- Get half the bag of salad and place it into a bowl, These leaves are usually prewashed so you can take it out and enjoy it.
- Slice two black figs into small pieces and sprinkle onto the rocket
- Now get the mackerel and the mozzarella and tear them into small pieces. Add them to the bowl and gentle fold them through the salad with a fork.
- Finally drizzle with olive oil