As you all know, salads are my kryptonite, I’m never too sure what to put inside them. I didn’t grow up eating loads of salad, because I generally tended to avoid them. At home,school or even parties.I would help myself to everything,but the green bowl filed with the vegetables and salad cream. However, part of trying to eat more wholesome meals and being healthier means eating more salads and vegetables.
Plus, now I know how to make salads I enjoy!
On Thursday, I wasn’t in the mood for the leftovers I had packed for lunch and decided to grab something instead. I was in the mood for something fresh and cheap. Even though I was craving a big juicy burger, a lot of places still aren’t gluten-free and I’m trying to cut back on the junk food. So I went with a salad instead.
One thing I love about salads is that they are so cheap and easy to put together.
My salad only had three ingredients and the delicious flavours really complimented one another. I think the one thing that really surprises me when I eat a salad these days is how full I can get from eating them. There are no random cravings for snacks and I always have enough ingredients leftover to make another salad the next day or for dinner.
If you need a suggestion for lunch this week, why not check out my simple recipe below:
- 4 slices of German smoked salami
- 50g of Peppery Baby leaf rocket
- 100g of Tesco Mozzarella balls and slow roasted tomatoes
- Wash 50g of peppery baby leaf rocket and place into a bowl.
- Empty half of the 200g Tesco mozzarella balls and slow roasted tomatoes onto the salad
- Now get 4 slices of sliced smoked salami and cut it into small pieces and place on your salad.
This recipe is so basic and simple, which is why I love it. I’m amateur cook who lives in London trying to eat cheap, healthy and easily.