My favourite part about Sundays is breakfast.
I love letting loose in the kitchen and cooking whatever I’m the mood for. I worry about the calories and sugar later.
One of my favourite breakfast options is french toast! It’s quick, yummy and is so simple. Plus it’s my secret quick and easy cure after a late night.
In university, after some serious partying and chilling session my housemates and I used to pig out on french toast with strawberry and ice – cream.
Now university was a few years ago, but I still enjoy french toast after a night out so when I woke up today I made some.
Check out my simple recipe below:
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of bread ( I went with gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of brown demerara sugar
1. Beat the two eggs together in a bowl, add the sugar, vanilla and sugar into the mixture. Also, if you like cinnamon or nutmeg you can add a teaspoon of each into the mixture.
2. Once done, pour the mixture into a dish so you can dip the bread into easily.
3. Get the 4 slices of bread and slice them into triangles.
4. Bring out a frying pan, turn the gas on and put some coconut oil.
5. While the oil melts, get your first slice of bread and dip it into the egg mixture. Make sure the bread is nicely covered on each side and then fry in the pan until brown.
6. Repeat this with each slice of bread and then enjoy this simple delight.
In case anyone is wondering why I didn’t suggest you dip the bread, before you start frying. I’ve done that before and I notice that by the time I got to frying the last few slices, the bread was soggy and breaking because it had been sitting in the egg mixture for a bit.
If anyone has any of their tips or suggestions for making french toast. Drop them in the comment section below.
Have a blessed Sunday x