This morning I decided to make pancakes, I love pancakes and enjoy having them for breakfast or dessert. They are simple, quick and …I just love them.
Usually I have my pancakes plain however, sometimes I enjoy mixing some fruit into my pancake batter. I tried to make a low fat version using bananas, less flour, coconut oil to fry and not too much sugar. Plus, I had some ripe bananas which were starting to bruise and I didn’t want to wasted them.
Check out my simple yummy banana pancake recipe below:
This recipe makes about 6 pancakes
- 3 ripe medium sized bananas
- 20g of brown sugar
- 125g of plain gluten-free flour
- 2 medium sized eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda
- Mash up the bananas in a small bowl, not too much so you have small chunks of banana pieces. Once done, place aside.
- Put the wet and dry ingredients into separate bowls, Whisk each one lightly.
- Once done, mix both mixtures together and beat until smooth. Now that the batter is nice and smooth, pour in the mashed bananas.
- Bring out a frying pan, add a teaspoon or so of coconut oil and pour one large spoon of pancake batter. Keep the heat at a medium temperature, the pancakes are going to be thick so they will take longer to cook before you can flip them and you don’t want them to burn on one side.
- Once done, enjoy!
You can enjoy them with maple syrup, icing sugar, lemon or ice-cream. It’s your pancake, so it’s your choice!
When you bite into your pancakes, you will be treated to yummy pieces of warm soft banana. It’s so tasty and a great way to use bananas which are just a little too soft.
Click here for the printable version of my yummy gluten-free banana pancakes recipe