I loooooove salted caramel, it’s just amazing and doesn’t make me feel queasy like standard caramel. Maybe because it doesn’t have an overwhelming sugary taste to it because of the salt?
I was experimenting with icecream sauces and I thought it would be great to make my own salted caramel sauce.
Check out I created caramel sauce with 4 simple ingredients.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 200g White granulated sugar
- 100g salted butter
- 120ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
1.Firstly heat the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. The will eventually start to form clumps, before melting into a thick brown liquid.
Keep stirring! Do not stop stirring and be careful not to burn the liquid.
2. Once completely melted, immediately add the butter. DO NOT be surprised if the caramel starts to bubble up once the butter has been added. Just keep stirring until the butter has melted.
3. Now pour the double cream into the mixture while stirring. Once again, the mixture will rapidly bubble when added.
4. Now allow the mixture to boil for a minute or so. The mixture may rise/bubble a little as it boils.
5. After the minute is over. Remove the caramel from heat and throughly
stir in the salt.
Now allow it to cool and use it for whatever. Cookies, cheesecakes, cupcakes, brownies and icecream.
Until next time xxx