I went on a giant shopping trip yesterday and picked up some halloumi cheese along the way. I love cheese, especially grilled halloumi
Grilled halloumi has a lovely texture and it tastes amazing! It is a great subsitute for meat in wraps and burgers too. So I sometimes, use it as an alternative on meat-free Mondays.
This meal is quite quick and cheap. So if you are in the mood for a fresh hot meal this week after a long day at work. I have a suggestion for you.
Recipe for two people
120g of halloumi
1 scotch bonnet
1 bell pepper
5 spring onions
1/2 clove of garlic
1 cup of rice
Seasonings: black pepper and salt
1. Pour one cup of long grain rice into a small pot of salted boiling water. While the rice cooks chop up the vegetables and slice the halloumi into small pieces.
2. Bring out a large pan and place 1/2-1 tbsp of coconut oil and melt the oil. Once heated add the vegetables and fry.
2. Once the vegetables begin to brown, add the chopped pieces of halloumi and continue to fry until brown.
3. Keep an eye on the rice, it doesn’t take long to cook. When it is cooked, drain it and put it aside.
4. Add the rice, spoon by spoon, into the frying pan and stir. Stir the rice until the vegetables and halloumi have been evenly distributed and rice begin to brown. Let the flavour sink and ta da!!!
Ps. I will editing some of my posts this week. I want them to be printable so keep an eye out for some changes.