I have been ill lately, so I wasn’t able to upload Sunday’s recipe until now. Since I started writing this blog, I eat a lot more home-cooked meals now, I love it.
It’s a bit like a diary, I can always track what I have been eating. the best part? I now like gluten-free pasta, before it was disgusting and tasted so dry. Now it tastes the same as standard pasta to me. I’ve not always been aware of my gluten sensitivity so for years I ate normal pasta and suffered with bloating/cramps and chalked it down to eating too much carbs. However, since cutting it out of my diet, I am less tired and less bloated.
If I didn’t have a sensitivity to gluten, I wouldn’t cut it from my diet.
Anywhoo enough about me, check out this yummy recipe I enjoyed.
This recipe serves two
- 200g of prawn
- 150ml of coconut milk
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 3 spring onions
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 200g of gluten-free fusilli pasta
- 4tbsp of classic green pesto
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil
1. First boil the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente, then drain and put aside.
2. Get a large pan and pour 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil, fry up the spring onions, garlic and scotch bonnet
3. Pour the pesto and coconut milk into the frying pan. You can also use cream as well, this works as a great subsitute.
4. Now add the pasta in bit by bit. Stir this around until the sauce is easily distributed and serve. I added a few olives afterwards because I love olives. especially black ones. Especially with pesto and prawns, it is a powerful trio of deliciousness!