I spent the majority of my Saturday out and about shopping, eating and just having a girlie catch up with one of my closest friends. This catch-up did not involve being fully sober, so unfortunately I’m pretty run-down right now.
When I woke up (2pm) I was craving a full English breakfast, but as I am trying a more healthier lifestyle I settled for some avocado and chicken on toast. Break, lunch or maybe even brunch this is a simple and light meal that is very filling and left me with a smile on my face.
This recipe is for two:
- 2 avocado
- 2 shallot
- 1/2 fillet of chicken/ 1 drumstick
- two slices of gluten-free seeded bread
Seasoning: Black pepper and salt
1. Mash up the avocado in a bowl, once done chop the shallots and add to the mashed avocado. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and then set mixture aside.
2. Pop the bread in the toaster or grill until light toasted.
3. While the bread is toasting, shred the chicken ( you can also use smoked salmon or have no meat/fish it tastes just as delicious without) into strips.
4. Once the toast is done, smear the avocado mixture on top, sprinkle the chicken shreds on top and add a dash of black pepper.