Is it weird if I say I think I’m coming down with a cold? Woke up feeling a little rough this morning with a blocked nose. For a minute, I thought I had suddenly developed hay fever overnight, but I highly doubt it so cold it is.
I wasn’t in the mood to do a complicated meal and wanted something warm to fill me up. So I went, with this simple soup which was inspired from a classic laksa I once had. Usually, I would use egg noodles, but I wanted something more filling.
This recipe serves two
- 1tsp of coconut oil
- 200g of prawns
- 3 Spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 green chillies
- 1 scotch bonnet ( I changed my mind halfway through and only used one instead of two)
- 150ml of coconut milk
- 100ml of stock ( Chicken or prawn)
- 150g of gluten-free Tagliatelle
1. Chop up the garlic, spring onions, scotch bonnets and chilli. Make up the stock and pour out the coconut milk, so they are ready for use when needed.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan or wok. When hot, fry the chopped garlic, spring onions, scotch bonnet and green chilli.
3. Let them cook for a few minutes before pouring in the prawn, stock and coconut milk. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes or so.
4. Meanwhile cook your pasta ( any will do to be honest, although eggs noodles is the best option).Once cooked, pour into the soup and enjoy.